Saving energy in your home is not only great for your pocket but a great choice for the environment too. Making simple changes can have your home running more energy efficient in no time and reduce your bills over the year. Majority of these changes can be made with minimal effort but still have a major effect. Take a look at the energy saving tips for your home.
How To Save Energy In Your Home
Our simple list below are the changes you can made today to make you home energy saving in no time: –
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room- This can save lot of money on electricity over the year.
- Use LED lights- LED is more efficient than halogen bulbs
- Switch to efficient appliances- Many home appliances are becoming more efficient as they are being produced that way, but we all hold on to older appliances when the change could do our homes and the environment so much better.
- Unplug Devices- This is a simple point. By unplugging and not leaving devices on standby, you can save on you yearly bills.
- Keep the thermostat at a lower temperature-Aim to keep your thermostat at a lower temperature around 17 degrees, this can make a big difference and save your energy costs. Using a programmable smart thermostat is even better.
- Use a smart meter-A smart meter is a great way to see how much power you’re using; this will help you keep a track your bills and where you can reduce them.
An Energy Efficient New Boiler
A new boiler is a great way to be energy efficient and is a great saving to your home. New boilers are made to be efficient as possible and greatly reduce emissions. Working with your thermostat you can keep the whole house warm but still be efficient on your pocket and the planet.
New Boiler Exeter
Are you looking for a new boiler in Exeter? There are several reasons why modern boilers are more efficient, but it is mainly due to the larger heat exchanger used by the condensing models. We offer a choice of regular boilers with a hot water cylinder or the ever-popular Combi boiler. We can also explain how a heat recovery system could save as much as 17% of the energy that the boiler uses to heat the water. Contact GASLEC our team today to find the ideal new boiler for you and your home.