Saving energy in your home is not only good for your wallet, but it is also good for the world. Simple improvements will make your home more energy efficient in no time, lowering your bills over the course of the year.
The bulk of these improvements can be introduced with limited intervention while also making a substantial impact. Examine the energy-saving tips for your house.
How To Save Energy In Your Home
Our breakdown of improvements you can make today to save electricity in your home follows: –
- When you leave a building, switch off the lights. This will save you a lot of money on utilities over the course of the year.
- Use LED lighting- LED lighting is more effective than halogen lighting.
- Move to energy-saving appliances- Many home appliances are getting more efficient when they are made in this fashion, but we all prefer to use older appliances while the change will help both our homes and the environment.
- Unplug Devices- This is a straightforward argument. You will save money on your annual bills by unplugging and not keeping computers on standby.
- Hold the thermostat at a lower temperature-Aim to keep the thermostat at a lower temperature of about 17 degrees; this will make a huge difference and save you money on heating. Even easier, use a programmable smart thermostat.
- Using a smart meter-A smart metre is a perfect way to see how much electricity you’re using; this will help you keep track of your costs and find places where you can slash them.
An Energy Efficient New Boiler
A modern boiler is an excellent way to save energy and money in your house. New boilers are designed to be as effective as possible but still reducing emissions significantly. Working with your thermostat, you can keep the whole house warm while being economical on both your wallet and the environment.
New Boiler Exeter
Do you need a new boiler in Exeter? Modern boilers are more effective for a variety of purposes, the most important of which is the larger heat exchanger used by condensing versions. We have standard boilers with a hot water cylinder as well as the ever-popular Combi boiler.
We will also explain how a heat recovery device can save up to 17% of the energy required by the boiler to heat the water. Contact our team at GASLEC today to find the best new boiler for you and your house.